On Thursday, April 21st it is the Administrative Professional’s day for the 28th time in the Netherlands. On that day many secretaries, administrative assistants and PAs will receive well-deserved extra attention. Perhaps even a bouquet of flowers or a gift… When it first started in the Netherlands in 1989 the business day was totally different than now. If you were trained to be a secretary in the ’80s you still had typing lessons on an “old fashioned” typewriter. With carbon paper! With all of the digital advances the “secretary” of today needs a radically different skill set. Working with a tablet and smartphone are standard, agendas are managed digitally and the office works more and more “paperless.”
Less prep time for meetings
Organizations change, the tasks of managers transform and management assistants become increasingly more professional assistants: the ringmaster of the digital office. With these shifting circumstances, you can even assume other roles! For instance, you can place your mark by working more effectively and efficiently, also in the meeting process. Did you know that even just in the Netherlands 60 billion is spent on meetings, 16 billion of which is on preparation? Wouldn’t it be fabulous if you could cut back the meeting time and costs in your organization?
Meeting help for management support staff
Meetings often last too long, seem useless and not every member really participates. And it really CAN be different, by using digital meetings. That is interesting for every management assistant who sometimes thinks:
- Steven arrives too late YET AGAIN with the meeting materials? Doesn’t he have a clue how much time it will cost to copy them for all of the participants on time?
- Why do we lose so much time looking for the correct data during meetings? Can’t it be faster?
- I’m fed up with lugging around all of these piles of meeting papers! There must be a better way!
- Is it really so hard to properly prepare for a meeting?
- I’m concerned about the environment, when I see how much paper our company goes through, I get totally depressed.
- I wish I could make notes and lists of action item during the meeting!
- If I just had a tool with which I could invite participants and where the meeting materials are elucidated per agenda point.
Digital meetings in the spotlight
Recognizable? It can be different by moving to paperless meetings. Read about their benefits in our e-book. We ensure that you have all of the data that you need to make meetings 3.0 in your company!